912 oil level specifications

Diskutiere 912 oil level specifications im Forum DX-Serie im Bereich Deutz / Deutz-Fahr Schlepper - A long time ago I was told that a crankshaft should just splash in the oil but not be immersed in it. Oil level is certainly no casual issue but...
bad sector

bad sector

A long time ago I was told that a crankshaft should just splash in the oil but not be immersed in it. Oil level is certainly no casual issue but all I can find in the documention is two dipstick markings "Min" & "Max" which just isn't enough in my way of doing things. What if someone stuck in the wrong dipstick in this engine (I bought it with a 'used' tractor)? How to verify, WHERE IS THE DATA? What is the oil level supposed to be with reference to some invariable engine feature like the bottom of the block or the the dipstick hole?

I took some pictures and it looks like the "Max" mark is more or less level with the bottom side of the oil pickup pipe just before it turns down to the sump bottom. The "Min" mark appears to be level with the bottom of the same pipe but neither mark is anywhere near the crankshaft, it's more like 3 inches below it. I can find no part # for it in the parts manual but there is the number 1176518 punched onto it.

Is this the correct stick for engine #7683932 and what is the backup reference distance from what?

TIA

Started it up today with no front cover, all jugs are firing very evenly and smootly, no vibration at all, oil is 80psi cold. I ran it only about a minute to spot any leaks; none found.

25cm.png

1176518-rangemarks.png

belowsumppipe.png

S

swd40

Hi,

I remember seeing somewhere the dipstick length for 712/812 models somewhere in the workshop manual. Did you check if that is in the 912 workshop?

Regards,

Josef

bad sector

bad sector

Threadstarter
I was looking for it in the 912/913 parts manual but I just searched the 912/913 shop manual as well and there's mention of the dipstick on p-4.00.40 but not of any specs. Chances are I have the correct dipstick and that Deutz oil-levels are questionable (read about THAT many years ago). The maintenance done on my tractor by the previous owner/mechanic was such a disaster that I have no confidence in anything. I know farmers are in a tight spot 7/24 with their backs up against the bank wall so I try not to be too critical... still I want this 6.05 operational this summer for a full shakedown and on-line, bulletproof, by the fall.

M

Mad

Hi,
I checked the internet for the correct dipstick and found out, that you seem to have the right one.

The parts number must have changed to 01176380 and is only for the F6L 912.

The lengh of your one is correct (250mm).
The "high level" mark at 210mm and "low level" mark at 25mm below the high level mark are also correct.

bad sector

bad sector

Threadstarter
Thank you very much for the time you took to look it up! Do you have a link to the info? It's a relief to know that my engine does not have a grossly too long dipstick although I still think that the oil level is too low but at least there's reassurance that it is no worse than SPEC.

I had ONE bad experience with reference to the topic and that was enough. I was carrying a load of plywood up a steep dirt slope of around 30 degrees to a building under construction. The oil pressure dropped because of the angle, the engine shut itself down, and I was rolling back with the load but no steering and limited braking. That's when I decided that anything that wasn't designed for asphalt-only should have an oil sump good for 45 degrees either way :)

Thema: 912 oil level specifications